Sunday, January 5, 2014

a cure for the midwinter blues

  It is no secret that I love the fall, and I love Christmas.  I pretty much don't wipe a smile off of my face from October until January 1.  Probably because there is so much to do...

Fall visitors


 festivals

road trips
  

 

pumpkin patches followed by power tools,  

and warm enough weather to be outside.



 Then comes Halloween
Papa and Sister Berenstain
 and Thanksgiving

 Then, Christmas festivals

 and baking

and more parades


and more visitors

Then comes the big day


and more presents, food, visitors.  

Don't forget New Year's Day. 


By the time we are done, we have been running

and jumping


and high energy for 3 months straight.

Now that it's over, I'm in the dumps.  I'm bitter about the cold and the quiet, and the "Mama, I'm bored." I forget how to entertain myself yet I expect my kids to entertain themselves.  

So, for 3 days I've had a pity party.  A snap at my kids, be naturally ungrateful and no fun to be around pity party.  Until finally, B pointed it out.  HELLO, its only the end of the year, not the end of the world.  OK, see you next year, fall.  I'm counting down the days.  Until then, I'll suck it up, bundle up, and stop whining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment