Monday, January 13, 2014

crossing a line?

Dress up is obviously a staple in this house.  As much as K. loves his spiderman, fireman, construction worker. etc.  A. loves her cinderella, hairdresser, bride, and monkey.  Sometimes they come in with them all mixed up and we have to "introduce" the dancing monkey or the hair cutting bride.  Well, this week, I felt like dress up went to an all new level.  A. wanted to play Cinderella.  But, she wanted to be Cinderella before she met the prince.  OK, we found a dress, apron, and babushka.  Then she asked for chores.  Well, this is the best game ever!!!  So, I asked her to fold the laundry.

"No Mommy, the step mother yells at Cinderella."

Let me get this straight.  I"m supposed to yell and then my house gets cleaned.  Weird or normal?


"What's next Step mother?" , asks Cinderella/ A.
"UUMMMM, maybe fold the clothes".  Each time I would pause because is this too good to be true or awful because I'm yelling over and over at my child by her choice.


After sewing an old shirt she got tired of playing.  I still can't decide if I'm happy or sad that it's over.  Kids are weird, or maybe just my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment