Friday, June 28, 2013

holy night



This is definitely one quirky kid.  Not only does he give us a battle every. single. night. to drink his milk at dinner, but he refuses to take his bike helmet off most of the day, he prefers the worms to fishing, and he has somehow turned "Jesus Loves Me" into an everyday saying that kinds of resembles Tourette Syndrome.  My boy thinks that the song lyrics are "Jesus loves me, I know, Oh holy night."  Since we would laugh every time that he sang it, he started just saying, "holy night" at random times.  Then, we thought that was even more wierd so he doe it at least once or twice a day now at the most random yet hilarious times.  

1) As we went into the doctor's office to have my TB test read.  The nurse placed her hand on my arm and K. yells out "Holy Night".  The nurse jumped and then I'm not sure if she thought she should sign my paper or throw her hands up in praise. She opted to sign the paper.

2) We got walkie talkie's for our neighbor for her 6th birthday.  A. and K. had to check to see if they were working before wrapping them up.  A. says, "testing testing, 1 2 3"  K. pushes the button and yells "Holy Night" If they weren't working before, God put a special blessing on them then.

3) My aunt and uncle came in from OK on Mon night.  We took them out to dinner.  The waitress delivered our dinner and K. looks at his and yelled, "Holy night."   (when I say yelled, I mean every head in the restaurant turned) I guess it was his blessing of his and well, everyone's food. 

4) Cooley ran away yet again because we left the back gate open.  I went outside in my workout clothes to put something in the recycling bin and my neighbor yelled that the dog was down the street.  Great, I didn't want anyone to see me.  I go back inside to get the kids so we can start our search.  A. and I are yelling, "Cooley." and "Here boy."  My neighbor is driving in his car to search.  K. is yelling "Holy Night."  I guess it worked because a very dirty Cooley came home.    

I love that quirky kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment