Sunday, December 27, 2015

scuba diving, under arresting, farmer

Sometimes, I take full advantage of being a working mom with a flexible schedule.  Sometimes, I take full advantage of living in a rural area.  Then, sometimes I get all emotional about it and cry because I feel so blessed.  This was one of those days.  

My little guy LOVES big machinery.  He doesn't care what kind, he only cares that they are huge and work on a farm.  He is partial to Deere but, when given the option of tractor or no tractor, any type will do.  

So, when I went to see a patient on a HUGE working farm during fall harvest, I casually mentioned my 4 year old that just happens to want to be a farmer, a scuba diver, and a police person to under arrest bad guys.  Since, we have no place to scuba dive and it isn't the best time to be with under arresting people, the farm would make a perfect afternoon for him.  The farmer obliged and arranged for a combine ride.  We talked about it for a few days and every night he would ask how many hours, minutes, and seconds until it was his turn on the combine.  (next time, I will not tell him so early...).  Finally, the day came.  


My very pregnant body was not climbing up that ladder so K. had to go by himself. 


They took 3 swipes of the field while I sat and watched and again counted my blessings.  This may or may not be fueled by pregnancy hormones...  When his big smiling face came off the combine, I asked him how it was.  "Perfect,"  he said, "we talked like big dudes and then sang some songs."  Ummm ok.  

"What did you sing?" 

"This is how we roll."  

Why not?  So, my little scuba diving, under arresting, farmer, I hope you enjoyed your time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment