Monday, December 28, 2015

he's here

My fantastic OB wrote me out of work starting Oct 26.  Man were those last few days amazing.  Kids in school, Mama resting and nesting.  Glorious... Thanks, little one.

On Oct 30, at about midnight, I started having contractions.  Well, I've done this now about 5 times with this little one.  I'm not falling for it again.  I waited it out for about 2 hours timing them and then decided that I should get up and walk around.  At 3:45 B. came down to find me eating some raisin bran with almond milk.  Well, they won't let us eat once we get to the hospital.... We left the house around 5 and got to the hospital at 5:30.  When we got there, the nurse asked, "What brings you in?"  Seriously...  We got through those shenanigans and got admitted to a room where they started the blood work for the epidural.  Well, a downfall of going so early in the morning to a small town hospital is that they do not keep an anesthesiologist in the hospial.  Nope, you have to wait for the blood work and then they call the Dr. whom then commutes the 25 minutes to the hospital.  Well, this little guy was not waiting for that.  B. got to be the lucky person to tell me that this was going to be an unmedicated birth.  As soon as he told me, I said, "well, lets get this baby out."  Unfortunately, he was sunny side up and apparently lodged behind my pelvis.  So, it still took 1.5 hours for him to come.  I was so out of it, that I didn't even know that he was finally born.  It was B's. job to tell me the sex of the baby.  The midwife said, "Sarah the baby is here."  I immediately looked at B.  His response, "I don't know, there is a lot going on down there..."  1 job, he had 1 job.  Haha

So, our sweet little guy was born at 8:02 am 
Big sister and big brother were told by 8:10 with a picture to my mom's cell phone.  Apparently, the rest of the town knew at 8:40 when the happiest girl and happiest boy ever went to school.  What could be better than a baby brother and a Halloween parade on the same day?

No comments:

Post a Comment