Sunday, December 27, 2015

little athletes

This blog is written by a back row dancer.  Yes, my parents paid thousands of dollars for me to take dance lessons up to 6-12 hours a week.  I went to dance competitions, dance camp, and even danced at the half time of the Citrus Bowl.  All, because my dance team carried me.  I was by no means a star.  So, watching my kids thrive is extra amazing.  


This year in field hockey, A. has been awesome.  She can't wait to go and her coach raves about how feisty that she is.  My girl will follow a ball with the best of them and even managed to score s few goals.  But, like me, she starts to feel out of breath and freaks herself out.  She pulled herself out of the game on 3 different occasions because she "couldn't breathe"  Girl, get over it and play some ball.

 
In stark contrast to last years screaming and crying, K. is apparently quiet the little soccer player.  His first few games, while the 3 year olds were figuring out how to kick the ball, K was running around them and scoring 7-9 goals per game.  Yes, we counted (no participation trophies, Play like a champion).  But, about 6 games in, he started to get bored.  Then, soccer became a tackle sport to him and a few other 4 year old boys.  I went from stoked to watching my boy excel to dreading having to pull my apparent defensive lineman off the field.  Fine, take the stupid participation trophy and lets be done with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment