Monday, December 28, 2015

best feeling ever

Since we told our kiddos that we were going to become a family of 5, I have been imagining how they would react.




I was totally unprepared for the rush of emotion watching the 3 of them meet.  Babies totally bring out the best in people including my little ones.  A. calmed her intensely sensitive and reactive personality and relaxed with him.  K. calmed his crazy running around personality and sat to examine each and every toe and finger.  This fantastic change lasted for about 20 minutes while my overly emotional self watched with tears in my eyes.  

However, then, the emotion transferred back to my two kiddos.  They realized that they were leaving and  the baby and I were staying.  They started to cry in my room and apparently continued with louder and louder sobs until B. transferred them to Oma and Papa at the door to the hospital.  

Fast forward a few days and my expectations have been met.     
  I knew that A. was going to be my little mama.  I knew that she would want to hold him, change him, dress him, the whole 9 yards.  I knew that she would help me by caring for him when I cooked dinner.  I knew that she would be fiercly protective of him yet want to show him off.  I also knew that we would have many talks about who the actual mama was. 

 However, I wasn't able to quite grasp how K. would react.  I had some scenarios in my head of him throwing the baby like a ball or trying to tackle him.  I was not prepared for the complete love that K. has shown for his brother.  It might be different once R. can play back but, for now, K. is happy with cuddling, sharing his tractors to a practically unresponsive infant.




No comments:

Post a Comment