Thursday, February 27, 2014

3 important dates

Date 1: Our typical Valentines Day date is going to Fudruckers.  Why would you pick a hamburger place that used to have a large hunk of beef hanging in an open window you ask? Well, it was where B and I were allowed to go when we were 13 and 14 years old.  Then, it happened to be the closest place to my dance competitions that happened annually on Valentine's Day until I graduated from high school.  By then, it was tradition.  When we were in our 20's, it was weird.  Now, with kids, its pretty practical and fun. A few years ago, Emily and Brayden started coming with us.  This year, A. and Brayden sat at the end of the table.  I think it was their first date.

The boys that have literally been together since birth didn't really acknowledge each other until the end of the meal.  Their conversation:
K. Hey Brayden, I have spiderman underwear
Brayden: I have boots

That was apparently a good introduction and warranted a ride i
n the helicopter. 

Date 2:  


These 2 went to Daddy daughter night at the ice skating rink.  The night according to A.: "I'm pretty good at skating.  I can even leap.  Mr. Jeff (our neighbor) is really good, he can spin.  Daddy isn't as good but he likes to sing Call Me Maybe.  

Date 3: A.'s Valentine's party was the following Monday because of the lovely snow that can not be stopped.  It was good because she needed more time to make all of her Valentines.  I was soooo proud of my girl for spending umpteen hours hand making each Valentine.  However, I will admit that I was worried.  I was worried that her nonpintrest looking Valentines would be a joke to some of her peers.  I was afraid that someone would laugh at them and her feelings would be hurt.  Thankfully, it didn't happen.  Thankfully, the only thing that I heard that day was one boy asking A. if she wrote, "I love you" on his Valentine.  Sorry buddy, She already had 2 dates this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment