Monday, February 10, 2014

no need

Do you ever have a week where you feel that the kids grow up before your very eyes?  This was one of those for me.  K. took this week while Daddy was away to learn to put on his own coat and shoes no matter how long that it took.  He made the decision that extra 5 minutes that pushed us almost to missing the bus 2 days in a row was well worth the wait.  I disagreed...
He also decided that this week was the week to fully embrace the training wheel bike.  He's been on his Strider bike for over 2 years (yes, he was flying on that thing before he was 2).  Even though he was so good on his Strider that I could at least get a short run in with him, he decided that it is no longer fun.  The pedal bike is painfully slow, loud, and he gets stuck on every single rock.  If I try to run, he cries for me to wait up. Again, we disagree on this new plan of growth.

I think the real kicker though was when we went to visit his big boy school.  He is moving to preschool right around his third birthday. He's really excited about all the kids and the lego table.  After we left he told me, "Mommy, I go to big boy school, I no need you anymore."  My head snapped around so fast that he actually thought he was in trouble.  I wanted to tell him to take it back.  I wanted to tell him that he will always need me.  But, I'm just so proud of him and his independence.  I half way hate it, but I also know how unbelievable blessed that we are!

K.,
Keep growing buddy.  I promise that I will try to leave extra time for you to do everything because you "no need hep".  But, don't ever say that to me again.  Deal!
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment