Wednesday, August 28, 2013

we will slow down when I'm 5

This has been the busiest summer of our kids short little lives for many reasons

  • This is the last summer before A. goes to kindergarten.  
  • It's also the first summer that I could cut my work schedule to a theoretical 3 days a week.  
  • K. only has 1 nap and its a flexible nap
  • I have awesome people in my life that don't mind traveling with my kids and I
So, the kids and I made a list on Memorial Day of the things that we wanted to do this summer. 


Well, we either accomplished it all or have plans to accomplish them in the next few weeks.  So, that means that we have been gone A LOT and we have been really busy.  So busy that A. referred to us as the Berenstain Bears in Too Much To Do.   She also said, "don't worry, Mommy, we can slow down when I"m 5." Now, bear with me because this is the only way that I'm scrap booking the pictures and memories these days.


My girl went from only playing on the steps of the pool to jumping in the waves of the ocean.  She still needs some swimming lessons, but she is definitely on her way.  When we were at Bethany Beach, she found an 8 year old boy and I think was a little smitten.  She played in the waves with him for at least an hour.  I was happy to just watch but was the most proud that she stayed behind him in the waves.  She was challenging herself just enough but not going too deep.  A. please keep that confidence in kindergarten but know your boundaries.  So So So important.    


 K. was happiest in the sand this year.  He went down to the water once or twice but he cried almost the whole time. He was scared of "darks" and "water take me away"


Again, A. wanted a bit of a challenge and K. needed something nice and quiet.  He played with wood pile for hours.  Nan and Pap just hung out and watched.  


 We are lucky to have an orchard about 1 mile from our house.  Peaches, plums, and pears galore.

This is how K. put on his glasses all summer.  Who needs them on a nose?

I remember summer reading every summer when I was a kid.  I remember counting all of my books and getting stickers for every 10.  This program was about the same.  We wrote down most of our books and the kids counted each one for stickers.  By far, the kids favorite program was the Fancy Nancy Tea Party. Judging by the number of minivans exiting our neighborhood, every single little girl in our town was there. The librarians weren't expecting to be so busy; they ran out of crowns and had to send someone out for more food.  




No comments:

Post a Comment