Saturday, August 3, 2013

dance like no one is watching

I was waiting to write this blog because there was a chance that A. was getting her first glimpse into her 5 minutes of fame, but, it didn't happen...

After A. was gone for a week with my parents, we were headed home via a stop with Gramps. Well, the stop just so happened to coincide with Alexandria's birthday.  We planned to go to the festival for a little while, have some dinner, and get my very tired children home.  Well, we went to the festival, had some dinner, and just as we were getting ready to head home, got a phone call from my parents that A. had forgotten her most loved blanket. They, being amazing grandparents, volunteered to drive the blanket up to meet us in Alexandria.  B. decided to go ahead and head home with tired K. but A. and I stayed to wait for the blanket.  A.'s exact words were, "well, I guess we better be ready for some fun then."  I guess so.

 We marched ourselves up to the grand stand and had some fun. We started by listening to the music, then A. was grooving in her seat a little bit and I decided to take my any and all fears of looking like an idiot in public and teach my daughter some confidence.  We danced like no one was watching.  We spun, she spun, she spun me.  It was awesome.

A few minutes into it, Aunt Stacy moved away from us.  I thought that she was embarrassed by us so I started calling her name.  Nope, she was backing out of the way of the cameras.  Yes, plural.  2 newspapers were taking pictures of us.  It turns out that we lost out to about 15 redundant pictures of the fireworks, but my beautiful, fun, and happy girl felt special.  She was interviewed by one of the photographers and it made her feel more beautiful, fun, and happy.


A.,
I hope you always dance like no one is watching.  I hope you always feel as beautiful and carefree as you were that night!

Love,
Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment