Friday, August 30, 2013

car times

I'm not sure if it is the fact that the kids are in daycare just down the street and they don't have to drive as much or if they are just going through a phase, but driving with them can be SOOO obnoxious.  They don't really like the radio playing, but they don't like it quiet either.  They like the windows down but the noise is too loud.  We resorted to giving A. 25 pennies in a bag and every time that she asks,"are we there yet?", she looses a penny.  If she makes it there with all 25, we give her a quarter.  Let's just say that only a few quarters were given this summer.  

 One car trip, she asked me how much longer.  I told her about an hour.  "How many minutes is that?"  Obviously, I replied with 60. She thought if she counted to 60 that would mean we were there.  When I told her that she would have to count to 60, 60 times, she took me up on the offer.  I think that she made it about 25 times.  So long, that I think K. can count to 60.  Really, so long that I think the car itself can count to 60.
One of the kid's favorite car games is "I spy".  The problem is that K. only knows yellow. But, if we skipped him, he would just keep yelling, "My turn, I py."  Here was an example
K: I py my eye lello
Me: the only yellow thing is the lines on the road (that was his answer the past 3 times)
K: no
Me: ummmm a sign
K: no
Me: umm the sun
K: no
Me: there is nothing else
K: holy night




No comments:

Post a Comment