Friday, December 7, 2012

more k drama

From my past 2 posts, you know that my kiddo is a bit of a 1 year old dare devil.  He runs, jumps, and soars without any fear.  So, needless to say, I've been waiting for the day when he makes his next ER visit.  This time, B and I were being treated to a 4 day minivacation courtesy of John Deere (man do I love that company) while my mom stayed with our children at home.  She asked for 2 things before we left 1) an insurance card and 2)the phone number for the hotel.  I left the first and told her I didn't even know where we were staying for the hotel.  It is 2012, only to myrtle beach, and we both have cell phones.  She agreed.

Day 2 of said minivacation, about 45 minutes after my somewhat relaxing facial; it would have been much more relaxing if I hadn't spent the time waiting in the lovely bathrobe reading an account of the ship wreck that happened earlier this year.  Who spends their time in a spa reading about a deathly disaster?  Anyway, I digress.  My mom called from the car on her way home from gymboree.  Apparently,  my little daredevil had run head first into a climbing apparatus.  Are you surprised?  As he bumped his head, he bit through his gum and, courtesy of Von Willenbrands disease, he was bleeding.. and bleeding... and bleeding. My mom was a rock star.  She first took him to the pediatrician who, thankfully saw him with in an hour, and apparently ruled out any head injury.  K.'s mouth was still bleeding but the pediatrician decided he wasn't going to touch his mouth.  He sent him on to the pediatric dentist's office.  So, my mom, again with rockstar status, loaded up her gps, dropped A. off at my friends home and drove the unfamiliar route to the dentist's office.  They gave him 4 stitches in his mouth, told them to feed him soft foods for awhile, and sent them on their way.  My dad had joined them at this point and told me that he held K. leaned him back and my sweet little boy laid still for his stitches.  He did, however, tell me that he was crying for mommy a bit.  rip my heart out...

So, it was about 5:00 by the time that we got the news that everything was fine.  My little guy made it through is second emergencyish situation and I wasn't even there. I will say that I'm grateful that my mom did so well and that there was plenty of wine available on said minivacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment