Thursday, December 13, 2012

happy anniversary!

18 years and 2 weeks ago, B. asked me to "go out with him."  It was a whirlwind romance filled with long phone calls and passing notes in the hallway.  Then, one fateful lunch time, he bet one of his friends that I wouldn't kiss him.  He bet a cheeto.  That's right, I was only worth 1 small cheeto.  Well, I heard about it and since I was too scared to kiss him with such dramatics, I chose to slap him instead.  I mean, who bets a cheeto.  So, that was the end of the romance.  Well, for 2 weeks.

I don't remember what happened over the next two weeks but I'm sure it had to do with teenagers calling each other and making a big deal over nothing.  Then, on the Dec. 13, it culminated with B. holding my history book hostage until I promised to "go out with him" again.  Then we kissed and I didn't slap him.  It was our start.  (I do have some pictures from that time, but it would take a lot more time to scan and upload them than I have this morning)

We obviously didn't know that 18 years later we would be building a house for our 2 kids and 2 dogs in our town with parades and farmer's markets.  We had no idea that the probably $30.00 ring he bought me from Claire's or The piercing Pagoda on our first Christmas (Yes, I'm rocking it today on my index finger), would then progress to engagements, wedding rings, and anniversary bands.  But, I'm so happy that that he thought I was worth it to try again.

I could not ask for more!  Happy fake anniversary!



1 comment: