Thursday, January 26, 2012

play schemes

I try to spend at least 30 minutes each day only playing with no interruptions.  No blogging, no facebook, no phone calls, no TV, no work, no cleaning, no cooking, just playing.  Unfortunately, it's actually time that I have to carve out.  But, as it's happening, I LOVE it and I think it's hilarious.  This segment of play was actually only over 15 minutes. 
A. was wearing her hat because it has "braids" with long hair which obviously makes her look like Mary.  The baby has a crown on her which obviously makes it a queen; in A.'s mind, it's a king.  Specifically, baby Jesus. 

Since we had Mary and Jesus, I had to be Joseph.  I used her tools as a carpenter while she put the baby down for a nap, in the hay/ toybox.  Then, she wanted me to feed the animals which just happened to look like shrek, the wonder pets, and Elmo.  As Jesus was sleeping, Mary miraculously turned back into A. and wanted to play with trucks.



  Since we can't just roll the trucks, we each had to "talk for the trucks"  This is the bain of my existence because I hate this game.  Oh well!  I was the green truck and she was the red truck.  Then, following her lead, they each drove over to the wall to the potty.  They each peed and farted and then went back to the truck where the big green 18 wheeler was the teacher and led them in circle time. 

To sum, my child loves to be the mother of Jesus and a farting truck equally.  I count that as a success in parenting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment