Wednesday, January 18, 2012

play at home mom

I usually work on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursday evenings.  This is spectacular when it comes to 2011 holidays.  I've only had to work 1 or 2 days 3x during the weeks of Christmas, New Years, and now MLK day.  I have found that I LOVE it.  I actually find this surprising; I didn't think that I would like being home so much.  I worked really hard for my Master's Degree and have the student loans to prove it.  So, I will keep working but I"m savoring each and every day at home.  Revelation #2, I've enjoyed being home home rather than taking the kiddo's here there and everywhere.  When I moved from 5 to 2.5 days, I was worried about being home so much.  My boss actually laughed out loud when I asked, "What am I going to do with all of my time at home."  I thought I should join rollie Pollie, Gymboree, bible school etc. etc.  Instead, we have all started to back down on our activities.  A. even says, "I just want to stay home today."    A. still goes to preschool for the 3 days that I work and A. and K both go to choir for 30 minutes with Daddy one evening.  A. also goes to bible school for an hour 1 morning a week with a friend and swimming lessons 30 minutes one evening with Mommy.  OK so it sounds like a lot on paper, but we really are home most of the time. 

I've found that A. is becoming a lot more creative with her play and needs more than just her toys.  I find inspiration from lots of other mommy blogs but also just from watching her and building on what she starts.  On this day, she was using her colored water drops in her bath and mommy was cleaning with the baking soda.  I asked if she wanted to help me and we brought down a bin to the kitchen.  We made volcano's old fashioned style with vinegar, food coloring, and baking soda.  She was content for almost an hour until we had to stop because we were out of vinegar. 
Food coloring to cups of vinegar.  1-2 TBS per cup

adding baking soda, just enough to make them explode.  It was actually good because the baking soda expired in Nov. 2011

The explosion

She did have some colored hands for a few days

She was cleaning out her bin and decided to clean all of our silverware as well.  Don't worry, we washed that again

No comments:

Post a Comment