Thursday, October 13, 2011

but I really want it

B.'s least favorite new part of A's vocabulary is "but I REALLY want it."  Here are a few of the most recent things she didn't just want, but REALLY wanted.

1) Last week at choir they introduced a new song and had gum drops to help them remember ** side note, as I'm writing this I can't for the life of me figure out what a gum drop would do to help remember a church song.  I do have the songs on my refrigerator, where they have not moved from their magnet since last week,  but don't recall a gumdropesque song. **  This week, she did not want a sticker as a treat, she wanted a gum drop.  15 minutes later, she still REALLY wanted a gum drop.

2) She REALLY wanted to play in her play house outside this morning as it was pouring down rain.  I probably would not have fought this desire except that the play house is cardboard and I didn't want to have to say no the next 30 times she REALLY wanted to play in the house that was taken by the garbage men.  

2) At school, they have been reading Goldilocks and the 3 bears.  I told the story in my own words on the way to the grocery store yesterday.  She wanted to hear it again in the store and again after the store on the way home.  She REALLY wanted to hear it this morning as we got in the car again.  After I declined in response to the 15th REALLY, she told me she would take off her sunglasses because her sunglasses were making her ask me over and over again.  ummm ok.... She did take them off and then said, "lets talk about something else."  So, it worked and the sunglasses will be removed from the premises hoping for no more REALLY wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment