Tuesday, September 13, 2011

what... my name is

A. has started what we call the "name game".  Pretty much it consists of her changing her name approximately 133x daily.  Here is the list of her names today
1. Ms. Ashley
2. Mommy
3. Ms. Shiela
4. Mergatroid
5. Lucy
6. Captain Terrific

These names are typically used in a scenario where she comes into one of the doors in our house and says, "Are you the teacher?"  Then, insert name, drops off her baby complete with directions such as, "he needs to eat his peas and take a nap and then I'll be back."  (slightly similar to the directions I give before leaving K. in the morning)

Usually, she'll let me know her name before she changes it but sometimes I'm just talking to her and she'll just say, "No, I"m ...."  This can be troublesome on many levels, how do I get someone's attention when I don't know their name? Then, how do I ask a person to do something when I can't get their attention?  Hmmm this may be why her name is changing so much...  

No comments:

Post a Comment