Sunday, September 25, 2011

perfection

This is no surprise to anyone, A. is tall.  At her 3 year appointment, the Dr. said she was, in fact, the size of a 4.5 year old.  We get comments all the time about how tall she is and if she is going to play basketball.  Well, I don't know what she will want to do, but I do know that she was as excited as I've ever seen her to start dance class on Saturday.  A fellow tall person, Granny J. gifted these lessons to help my little giant be a graceful tall person and not a lumbering one.  I believe the exact words were, "I always wanted them so I would be more graceful and less like a giraffe."  Well, Granny J., I'm not sure if grace came easily, but we have had a blast preparing and starting the lessons. 

On Tuesday night, A. and I went on a date to get her ready.  We started at the thrift store because this cheap mama didn't want to pay $20.00 for ballet shoes, $24.00 for tap shoes, $15.00 for the required pink short sleeve leotard, and $7.00 for the required pink tights.  Well, we did get the leotard for $3.50 but we struck out with the rest of it.  So, we went on the the dance store for the rest.  It was well worth it for A.'s face as she entered the store full of magical shoes and tutus. 

trying on her new ballet shoes.  Notice the headband that we made earlier too...          


I love her in this picture though I look a little drunk... I promise I wasn't
After she tapped around the store, purchased the shoes, and promptly placed them in her dance bag.  We headed out to dinner at a restaurant, all by ourselves.  We talked girl talk like about playing dolls, which teacher was nice to her, what to be for Halloween, and how much we missed daddy and K.  Though I can't stand people on dates sitting on the same side of the booth, we did that.  At one point she said, "We are on a date so we should hold hands."  I don't know how many dates she has been a part of or what people are holding her hands, but we did. 

Since that night, she has showed anyone and everyone her dance shoes.  She has taken them in and out of the boxes at least 100 times and she has practiced putting them on so that she can almost do it by herself. Here is the little ballerina in all of her glory.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment