Thursday, September 8, 2011

change of heart

My best friend in college, MC, used to day that she loved the first few weeks of friendship because it was before she noticed the flaws in a person or in a relationship.  I tend to agree.  This is how I feel about my friend...Irene.  You may have read my post about what a glorious time we had during hurricane Irene.  It was fantastic.  However, now, I have found some flaws in our loving relationship.  She left holes in our roof.  That's right, a satellite dish that we didn't even know was placed on our roof was ripped out.  Our neighbor told us the other day and we called our insurance company but didn't think much about it.  Then, the monsoon started and we heard a plink, plink, plink coming into our bedroom.  It got worse... the plink plink started to spread to land on Brandon's feet in the bed.  Needless to say, we had a pretty sleepless night filled with large bowls with a little bits of water.  A. woke up at her typical time, 5:45 am, and promptly moved the bowls because they were in her "house" aka our closet.  She then woke me up saying, "Mommy, don't put things in my house so that I can't shut the door." -- this was not in a very nice tone.  So, Irene, I'm ending our loving relationship... I don't like wet beds or rude 3 year olds and I blame them both on you...

No comments:

Post a Comment