Tuesday, January 4, 2011

some father daughter arguments

I love the dynamic between B and A.  He treats our 2 year old daughter like he treats many of his other relationships.  He contemplates, negotiates, and when that doesn't work he says, "I'm right."  This happens on a daily basis in the most ridiculous situations.  My 2 favorite examples from the past few days...
1) A has started ending many words with a y.  This is for no apparent reason except that perhaps because she gets a rise out of her father.  She'll say, "I'm going to sleep in my beddy."  or "Do you want to look at the shapey."  B's answer is to say, "No, and you sound ridiculous."  This then proceeds into a 5 minute conversation between the 2 of them arguing about the correct way to talk.  Somewhere towards the end B says, "I'm right and you are wrong."  A, of course, has already moved onto a different conversation.
2) A has learned the polite conversation starter of "How was your day at work?"  Once we answer, she'll say, "that's nice."  Yesterday, at dinner she asked B who started into a real answer about people joining the greens committee, the bulldozer that they are using at work, and probably something about grass that very few people find interesting.  About 2 seconds into the conversation A interrupted with , "I love you, Daddy." 
"I love you too, A."
"I love boys."
hhhmmm what is more interesting, grass or A's love of boys?

No comments:

Post a Comment