Monday, January 24, 2011

the beer store

A guest post from Daddy...

Last weekend I took A to the beer store for the first time.  As are most new things with A, it was an experience.

I open the door and A darts in.  Naturally a two-year old running unaccompanied into a liquor store gets everyone's attention. 

I follow closely behind her and A asks in her best outdoor voice, "This is where we get beer, Daddy?".
Me: Yes, A
A:  I like it!
Me:  You don't like beer.
A:  No, I no like beer.  I like milk or water or juice.
Me:  That'a girl A.

A begins pointing to the refrigerator full of different cases of beer. I like the colors Daddy--red, green, blue, purple...

She proceeds to make our selection:  A variety pack of Sam Adams.  She apparently has good taste.  As I pull it out of the fridge, the other cases slide forward to take its place with a loud crash.  A thinks this is one of the funnier things that happened all weekend.  Finally we make our way to checkout and the nice man at the register has a lollipop ready for us.  Who knew?

So to sum up:  between the bright colors, loud noises and free candy, I believe that A now has the same affection for our local liquor store as I do.  I love father/daughter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment