Sunday, January 2, 2011

i was doing it

I must hear this statement 50 times a day. "No, I was doing it." is said when I try to turn on the water at the faucet, try to open the door, help with A's pants, push the buttons on the microwave etc.  I know I should be happy about this independent streak but goodness.  Our first example of the day: this morning at 4:55 am, A came into our room ready and raring to go.  However, she definitely had not had enough sleep because she would lay still in our bed for awhile, then fuss, then ask to go downstairs/ to the bathroom/ outside/ really anywhere to be awake.  Finally, at 5:25 B got up with her to take her to the bathroom.  2 minutes later I heard, "No, I was doing it." and then screaming crying.  It was the end of the world as she knew it.  The horrible, horrible man had flushed the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment