Saturday, May 28, 2016

Take a timeout

Being a mom of three, I take life pretty seriously these days.  I feel like A. Is in a stage where she not only asks a million questions, but she requires vigilance to help her well, not be a jerk to anyone and everyone.  K. Is in lax which takes up a lot of time, and R. Is still waking at night and is very unpredictable during the day.  So, I've been doing more correcting, driving, and nursing than really enjoying my kids.  Well, in MD, it rained pretty continuously for 3 weeks.  That means that the pool that our neighbors are putting in is not only incomplete, but is pretty much a giant mud pit.  That's right, a giant mud pit was calling our name...


I psyched myself up, declaring myself fun mom for at least an hour.  We all put on old clothes and old socks and headed out.



I watched and laughed as the kids went sliding down the hill, rolled arounds, and even as they threw mud at me.  I thought R. Was hysterical trying to march in the mud.




It was all fun and games until we started to smell like rotting, decaying trees and we had to get cleaned up.
Then, K. screamed like I was murdering him as I sprayed him with the hose, A. Made the ridiculous decision to fill up a bath rather than shower the remainder of the mud off, and R. Put his grubby hands all over the floors and walls before I could get his slimy, wiggly body into the shower.  Good bye fun mom...





No comments:

Post a Comment