Saturday, May 28, 2016

Best day of my life

Anyone that knows my daughter, knows that she loves dolphins.  Despite her lack of attention or follow through on... Anything else, Dolphins are the exception.  So, B. And I have been planning a trip to Clearwater Marine Aquarium, the home of her 2 favorite dolphins, with the kids for a few months.  This time, all of my expectations were met.  This time, A.'s awe and wonder were visible just like I imagined.  This time, K.'s love of all animals allowed him to focus like no other 5 year old.  This time, R's laid back demeanor allowed him to nap and wake up on a beach then boat, then plane without too much fussiness.  


CMA totally gets your heart strings.  They play the music from the movie all around Hope and Winter's pools.  Yes, I totally teared up!!!

OK, so maybe more than tears.  I had some silent crying.  

  K., R. And I got to hang out while B. And A. Had a behind the scenes tour.  Hang out meant that I sat in a corner to feed Rhys while K. started at the GIANT sea turtles and drew pictures in the fossil display.  It was almost 2 hours and he was totally enthralled.  I think other people have seen the entire aquarium in 2 hours.... Not the Collins Family... Yes, I teared up that he was so conten and that R. was so cuddly.


Next stop was the dolphin watch.  Unlike the whale watch that B. And I went on in 2010, this one was NOT disappointing.  1.5 hours and about 10 dolphins later, A. And K. we're still into it.  R. Was finally peacefully at rest.  I was cuddling with R. Watching the big kids with their daddy and feeling the perfect weather.  Yes, I teared up again.  

Then, we went downstairs to the observation deck.  A. Had her hand on the glass and Winter swam by.  In's A.'s mind, Winter looked right at her.  In A's mind, R said "wi her" clearly meaning that he knew the dolphins name.  Then, A. teared up.  

Best.Day.Ever







No comments:

Post a Comment