Thursday, July 31, 2014

toothless wonder

Well, my girl lost her first tooth.  She has been waiting, Waiting, and WAITING to get a wiggly tooth.  She really wanted to lose it at school because the nurse keeps special tooth boxes in her office.  Unfortunately, that did not happen.  But, this summer, when the tooth started wiggling, she could.not.wait for it to fall out.  Finally, at the beach, we knew it would happen any day.  B. made a big deal of taking a picture of her with all of her baby teeth because she would never look the same again.  Of course, that made me tear up...

We were packing to leave and she pushed it with her tongue to show me how loose it was.  "Today is the day A."  I said.  3 minutes later, she came running over.  "MOM, it is OUT."  And just like that, no more baby for me.

On the drive home that day, we talked about the tooth fairy and what she thought would happen.  At first, she asked me if she was real.  "I have never seen her before but my tooth was always gone," was my answer.  I asked if she wanted to set a trap for her.  Her answer, "no, if i catch her no one else will get any money."  I was satisfied with that selfless answer.

She asked me what happens to all of the teeth.  "I don't know, what do you think?"  Here are A.'s thoughts on teeth
1. There are probably 50 tooth fairies.  One for each state
2. She probably uses the teeth for a bed.  Maybe she puts them all together and makes a big giant bed for kids that don't have beds
3.  She probably likes the teeth that people clean the best- its why A. washed her tooth very thoroughly before putting it in her tooth pillow
4. She might also use the teeth for bracelets or tiara's.  The other tooth fairy's probably go shopping for tooth jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment