Saturday, July 26, 2014

my favorite weekend

I grew up going different places for vacation every year.  My mother was famous, maybe infamous, for stopping a million different places a lot any trip to visit something. I have seen more museums and randomly placed barns than the average human being.  I think learning to skim the randomly placed civil war informational signs along the roads might be what prepared me for "studying" in college.  Now, I do find myself skimming the weekend pages just as my mom did.  And, I do find myself fighting the magnetic urge of the informational signs.

I also love how we have an annual place to go visit.  Every year we go with Aunt Stacy to "find some fun" at the beach.


nothing says Maryland boy like lacrosse on the beach

 We have a routine where we go on Friday straight to the beach and then head back to the house for dinner and bed.  Saturday is spent with the morning at the beach and then naps followed by dinner out and some "fun"  Up util this year, we were playing on some kiddie rides.  This year, with mixed emotions, we moved from the kiddie rides up to go karts and mini golf.  The kiddos loved it!

Our new addition this year was the firecracker 5k.  With my new addiction of running, races and family runs are so fun to me.  This year, we pushed the double stroller with probably 75 lbs of kid in it.  By we, I mean B. because I pushed it for about 100 feet before the sounds of my breathing made him turn around thinking I was dying.

 I love that we have a routine and at we all look so forward to our time there.  And, I also love thinking about how the kiddos have grown up on this beach!
July, 2009- 10 months


July 2010


June 2011- The sand was so hot that I made her wear her rain boots so she wouldn't burn her little feet

K's first trip.  4 months old.  He had no reaction to the water


July 2012 almost 4 years old


1st time on the kiddie rides.  A. still remembers having to miss her first ride because she wasn't being a good listener.  Apparently, it was a good punishment


July, 2012- what a difference that a year makes!


running from the waves.  Huge change from this year when she can't get enough of the waves


 Thanks Aunt Stacy for letting us come every year.  It is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment