Wednesday, April 23, 2014

the first race

Have I mentioned before that I love this little town?  Well, I do.  About a week ago, we went to the family fun run at our local high school.  They had a race for each age group starting with the "tot trot."  I mean, how much better could it get, a new T-shirt, free Gatorade, and a medal.


According to A., "if there was a number for my shirt, it would have been the best thing ever."  K. was excited at first, but, his race didn't turn out so well...

The start... The directions were to run to the lion.  K. was on it.

 Wait, there is Cubby, the lion mascot. " Here I am Cubby!!!"

Cubby hugs him and then quickly realizes that K. is supposed to be running to the other lion.  He starts to run.  K. thinks he is running away from him and begins to cry.  I try to join in and finish with him.  But, "that lion is scary."  

There was no way that he was finishing by running under that guy.  Good thing there was no winners right:)


No comments:

Post a Comment