Wednesday, April 30, 2014

oh the hat

About a month ago, I bought a Fedora for K.  He instantly put it on his head and wore it around for about an hour.  After that, he would wear it here and there for a little bit.  He kept saying, "you know what I like, my hat."  I thought it would be perfect for Easter.  Even better, my neighbor has an etsy business (nora sells sea shells) selling amazing hair bows, bow ties, fabric tents etc. We dropped of the hat one morning and K. cried and cried.  He wanted his hat back.  I kept telling him that it would be even better once it returned.


 Needless to say, I was very excited to see his reaction on Easter morning. Well, it wasn't what I expected. He cried.  He fought us tooth and nail to not have to put on that hat or bow tie.  He did his angry face, run to the corner, "I mad!"

 This girl, however, she loved her bow.  She loved her dress.  She loved having her picture taken.  

 I'm a mom that always says, "pick your battles."  Well, it was a stupid battle, but I picked it.  I wanted him to wear that hat so badly.  We tried to convince him in so many ways....
The marching band





Tractor drivers wear hats

Look, Granny J is wearing it

Gramps likes it

It worked!  
 Well, it worked for 35 seconds to have his picture taken.  Then, the hat was back on the ground :)

No comments:

Post a Comment