Wednesday, April 30, 2014

is it real?

On the first day of school, A. could not wait to get on this bus.  I think she was more excited about the bus than she was about school itself.  Since then, each week she has become a little less enchanted.  Mommy and Daddy have too for several reasons:
1) Just the logistics- It picks her up at 8:05 for school that is 2 miles away and starts at 9:00.  Then, it drops her off anywhere from 3:50 pm to 4:20 pm. I call it the bus that cried wolf because it will consistently arrive at 4:05 for 3 days and then, the 4th day I take a little while longer with a patient or decide to quickly jog before having to pick her up.  That is the day that it comes at 3:49...
2) At the beginning of the year she came home crying one day because someone started some dumb game where you apparently hit their fingers.  They say, "you cut the gate now who do you hate?"  I guess someone said her name.  After literally an hour of crying, she finally agreed that it didn't really matter.  I told her to play, "give the gate a shove, who do you love?"  B's suggestion was not so nice...
3) That lovely game has progressed to booger touch where apparently you either pretend to pick your nose and touch others with it or you touch someone else's booger.  Now, I know that kids are gross and the bus driver can't stop everything.  But, ewwww
4) Now, I feel like everytime she gets off the bus she has another, "is this real?"

  • Is the Boogy man going to jump out at me if I say his name 3 times?
  • Is Miley Cyrus changing from singing to killing people?
  • Do bats really turn into vampires?  Do bat's suck your blood?
  • The only positive one-- Do they really sing songs in other languages?  Then she proceeded to watch "Let it Go" in about 13 different languages on YouTube.  Then, she watched random French lessons on YouTube for another 20 minutes.  I don't think it stuck though...
Call me overly protective, but now I take her to school and pick her up as much as I possibly can. Most of the time there are a few "is it real" days in a week, but far fewer than there were.    

No comments:

Post a Comment