Monday, April 28, 2014

the case of the missing ticket

It's the second day of our minivacay.  I'm feeling so high on life.  I'm thrilled that we are all in sync, that we are all enjoying each other's company.  Our pulses have slowed, we aren't on edge... Until.... I think it would be a great idea to give the 5 yer old the tickets to the chocolate factory.  I think she can hold onto them like she "pretty please" asked.  Little did I know, she read K.'s name and handed him his ticket.

We have an appointment to make our own chocolate bars at 9:00 am.  It allows us to finish one more thing, get on the road by 10:30 ish to get the the dogs by 1:00, save the extra day of boarding fees, and then get A. to a birthday party by 3:30.  We wait in line until about 9:20, we are still eating up every last second of vacation.  We get up to turn in our tickets, I have mine, and B.'s,, and A. says, "Here is mine."  uuummmm?!? Where is K.'s ticket?  I look at the ticket attendant with half fear, half angry mom eyes and point to my 3 year old.  We must have misplaced his.  She politely relays to me that she doesn't really care.  We have to use the barcode throughout the entire "experience." Great, the only experience I'm having now is feeling sad that we all can't go, worrying that we won't get done in time, and freaking out as to where the ticket went.  B. runs out to the car, I go ahead and don the beautiful aprons, and hair nets with the kids.  We go through the first section.  A. keeps looking up at me saying that she is sorry.  I keep telling her that it is ok, I just feel sad.  We aren't having fun.

Picking out her chocolate bar

I wish Daddy was here!
 We pick out our chocolate bars and get a text from Daddy... No luck....

Wait, I have it on my phone... Wait, run and get it reprinted... Wait, it's now 10:00 but Daddy is HERE



 Long lines but peace is restored.  I learned my lesson... 5 year old's are not responsible enough for tickets.  A. learned her lesson... 2 year old's are not responsible enough for tickets.

Watching his bar fill with chocolate



The cooling tank

Apparently, B. missed his calling as a factory worker or machine inventor b/c he was amazed throughout the entire tour.  "Look at the little suction cups that bring over the candy bars."  "S., Did you see how fast that was moving?"  He was like a little kid in a candy shop:)


The finished products!

No comments:

Post a Comment