Sunday, September 15, 2013

the return to sanity

I think some good family time is just what we needed to get rid of Crazy Mom and return to Sane Mom.  We started last weekend with some fishing at our town pier.  Nothing makes me happier than calm, and quiet kids.


Well, maybe except for a calm and quiet husband.  That doesn't happen much in my house either.  

 And, nothing makes Kaleb happier than spiderman fishing poles, worms, and dirt!


 A. made it all of week 2 without any trouble.  She was psyched to go to school everyday and she even bought her lunch one day.  Which, in A.'s mind was the coolest thing ever. It meant that she got to use her "student number" and she even learned to open her own milk.  We made a rule that she has to tell us 5 things everyday after school since she is 5 years old.  The highlights were...
1. I like to sit next to M.; she is my best friend.  She has red cheeks.  Maybe because she is nervous but maybe just because God made her have red cheeks.
2. I got to wear a flower necklace and take J. to the office because he pooped his pants.  I thought he must be 4 because 5 year olds don't poop their pants.  But, he said he was 5.  Maybe he was nervous too.  Or, maybe he just needs to work on where to poop.
3. One of the teachers, the one that sings in the boring choir at church, taught us how to go down the slide and swing.  We aren't allowed to go on the monkey bars even though I know how.  I thought it was a silly thing to learn and she looked silly.
4. One kid really knows how to write his 5's.  I have to practice because my lines just won't curve the way they are supposed to.

So, there you have it.  Week 2 was much better and Sane Mommy  has returned.  Since family time worked so well for week 2.  We bumped it up a little by adding in the MD family for this weekend.  Hopefully, that means that week 3 will be the best ever!    

K. can ride his pedal bike as long as he is going down hill.  Once you add in gravity, he has to have help.  Thank goodness for his buddy.  He was just what K. needed.




A little 1:1 football in the back yard!


Some of my favorite people in the world!!





Well, maybe we aren't all always sane.  But, hopefully week 3 will allow Sane Momma and Sane A. to stay around for a little while.  We will hope for Sane K. and Sane Daddy another time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment