Thursday, September 5, 2013

ok, it is the last one


I don't think that I've ever written 3 blogs in 3 days.  But, this was obviously kind of a big deal.  And, this is where I record everything that is a big deal in our family.  So, here is A.'s first day of school according to A.

1) What was your favorite thing?  recess... just because.  But, I stayed in the shade because it was too hot and sunny.  Then, we had to go in after not too long.  Tomorrow I won't stay in the shade because it was a waste of time.


2) What friends did you meet?  Only 1, but she didn't tell me her name.

3) What did you learn? I don't know.  I didn't really learn anything but I did do a project.  She listed off her things to do-- bus, Mrs. Simplers class, say my name, PE, recess, lunch, art, snack, rest, home.  (Sounds pretty good to me)

4) How was lunch?  It was good but I don't want to take an apple sauce thing because my friend said it is disgusting.

5) Did you behave?  Yep, I stayed on orange all day.  One boy didn't stay on orange because he tried to run away and punched his hand into the door.

I had more questions but she didn't want to answer more.  I guess it was a bigger day for me than her. hehe




At first, when I heard that our town had the middle schoolers ride with the elementary kids, I thought it was absurd.  But, knowing that our neighbors were on the bus watching out for my baby made it so much easier.  P., babysits for our kids a lot and she, bless her heart, even sent me a picture of A. smiling on the bus. A. did say that she almost cried when P. got off the bus at her school.  But, somehow she held it together :) 


Yes, I followed the bus. But, in my defense, there was a "breakfast" for the parents.  I think it was really to let us save face because they knew we would follow the bus anyway.



I couldn't be happier that I have found so many other wonderful mothers that are neighbors and friends.  We all held it together, well, sort of.


And then there was 1.  This little guy was sooo good.  He sat in his stroller and watched all the big kids go to school.  When we left he said, "just you and me, Mama?" Then, since I was off for the day, the poor little guy had to be a tag along tot and go run some errands with me.  He was singing, "I love love love love love, A." in the back seat.  He is definitely going to miss his big sister! 






No comments:

Post a Comment