Friday, September 6, 2013

a special person

I warned Aunt Stacy that this post was happening after she traveled with us for the second weekend in a row.  I got all teary and gusy and told her how much we loved her.  According to A., "Aunt Stacy takes us on fun trips and kind of makes me feel good."

In my book, Aunt Stacy is pretty much the top of the line.  She tolerated "I spy" for about 100 trials until we finally made a list for A. to read and "spy".  She spelled words aloud with A. until we were running out of 3 letter words.  She took water zumba with us until the kids pool opened. She bought us breakfast when it turns out that it wasn't a continental breakfast. She woke up earlier with my kids than she does for work.  She used her vacation days for things like Dutch Wonderland and Playland at the beach.  Most importantly, she does this all by choice.  She is an "Aunt by choice", a fact that A. didn't know until last night. She chooses to love my kids and they are sooo incredibly blessed by her choice.  Thanks Aunt Stacy!  We love you!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment