Friday, August 31, 2012

early morning

This is what our typical morning looks like.  Well, the mornings that I get to stay home with the kids.  B. leaves at 5:40 and instead of getting up to go work out, I think to myself, ahhh sleeping in.  Then I drift off to sleep.  10 minutes later, inevitably, a child wakes up.  It doesn't matter if I put them to bed late to see if they would sleep in, put them to bed early to see if the rule "the earlier they sleep, the later they sleep" is true, or feed them benadryl because of the many many bug bites that the end of summer brings.  They still. wake. up.  If it's A., K could still sleep for another hour.  If it is K. he wakes up A. whom refuses to stay in her room when she thinks she may be missing something.

This morning, it was K.  I went to his room, gave him his blanket, and tip toed out of his room.  I hazily walked back to my room where A. cheerfully greeted me with, "good morning".  It was that moment between so happy she is my kid and so sad that she is already ready to start the day.  I let her come into bed where she laid quietly for 2 minutes and 54 seconds before she was asking to play with the kindle.  OK fine, until she decided the piano game was the app of choice.  Lets try a quieter game.  So she played dress the princess for another 6 minutes when I heard "UP" coming from the other room.   OK, it's 5:55. Lets get this party started!






Someone want to tell me why they look so tired yet are insisting on starting the day.  Who can tell these little faces to go back to sleep.  I am one lucky mommy.




No comments:

Post a Comment