Saturday, September 1, 2012

it takes a village

Everyone knows the saying, "It takes a village to raise your kids."  I totally agree with that and I am soo happy that my kids have a huge village.  Here is A. with her village showing off her new skills.  NO TRAINING wheels.

Though I was proud of her, my favorite part is that all these people were willing to stand on our street and watch her.  Then, they cheered like she had actually just won an Olympic race.  And, the big sap that I am, cried.  That's right, my baby turned 4, learned to ride a bike and she has many many people who love her.  Really, who could ask for more.

These next pictures are awesome because it is the village with other people's children.  I love how we all intermingle and switch around wherever needed.  There is no division, just love all around.



Uncle Mark has K., Aunt Lori has Brayden




I'm not sure what Lori was saying to her, maybe something about how she was supposed to take her out for icecream about a year ago.  hehe
 And, just because he was asleep during the big bike reveal doesn't mean that we don't all love this guy.


Thanks for being the village!  And, thanks for letting us be the village for your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment