Monday, August 6, 2012

The many faces of K


My boy is still a man of few words.  He starts speech therapy2 x a month soon.  The speech therapist hypothesized that his lack of hearing for 10 months and having a nonstop chitter chatter sister means that he doesn't need to talk.  He also gets his point across without having to talk. He's pretty self sufficient, he takes a cup to the refrigerator when he wants a drink, opens the closet to get out his stool when he wants, and we have most of our toys accessible.  When all else fails, point and say aaahhhh.  And, who needs to talk when your face says all you need?

Well that looks like fun

yep, I'm about to take off in a dead sprint.  Come and catch me

did you not want me to just throw that sand in your face? hehe

This sand is kind of cool on my feet and hands.

Again, catch me if you can.  This is K.'s favorite thought and his favorite action.

fun!

Did you see those birds?


must concentrate on my feet so I don't fall.  I will not stop running!

squinty eyes usually mean "check me out"



You are crazy if you think I'm coming back to you.


Wow.  There are strange people here.

However, put him in a new and different situation and this is all you get...



A whole lot of nothing.  He goes back to the stoic little guy that he was as a baby.  Maybe I'll remember to just put him in awkward situations when he is running away from me for the 50th time in a day or climbing up my shelves, or dumping out all of the markers, or smearing his yogurt all over the wall, or hitting the golf ball into the window.  Ahh toddlerhood, how I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment