Tuesday, June 5, 2012

lucky lucky great grand children

I have been on a bit of a blogging hiatus.  This came from no other reason except that, we've been too busy for me to sit at a computer.  B. has been to 7 states in 2 months while we have designed our new house, I have started a new job, my parents moved out of my childhood house, and we have 2 kids to tend to on a daily basis.  But, now we don't really have anymore plans for the summer.  Well except that it is summer (almost) and I'm married to a golf course superintendent. I've got a ton of blogs to roll out over the next few weeks so stay tuned!!

This first blog actually was started when we visited B.'s grandparents in PA on May 3-5.  I feel so blessed that my children have met 7/9 of their great grand parents.  They have real, memorable relationships with 4 of their great grandparents. They talk on the phone, send cards, and have visited each of them.  As we went to small town PA, I felt especially blessed.  How many people have great grandparents that do this...


S
Showing A. an earthworm.  She started in her typical scaredy cat manner.  However, with his coercion, she touched the worm, then , finally, held it.

OR this...
 Or this
Nanny taught K. how to blow dandelions.  Now, he stops to pick one and blow on it every time we see one.  


 Most definitely don't have great grandparents that do this.  Maybe, just maybe, this is why he has had 3 compression fractures in his spine.  But, that never stopped this 83 year old before.  Soooo lucky!
 Finally, Pappy took A. on her first fishing trip just as the many many pictures of him with B. fishing when he was little.  I was surprised at her patience (and theirs too for that matter).  She wasn't into it at the beginning but once Pappy caught one fish, she tried for awhile.  She got really close to the 2 fish that they caught but wouldn't touch them.  She almost caught one of her own but said, "I scareded one away and one stole my worm."

No comments:

Post a Comment