Friday, April 6, 2012

tag a long tot

I am the second child.  I love my brother and I really don't feel like I have "second child syndrome"  Yes, this is a coined term--  I googled it and it was the first thing that came up.  Well, after the dentist that was being charged with murder after a second child died under his care (don't go to Dr. Bambgboye in Essex, New Jersey).  Apparently, this "syndrome" can lead negative attention seeking behaviors, sibling rivalries because of comparison, lack of ambition, and commitment problems.  All this just from being born second.  If this were the case, I don't think anyone would have 2 children.  The worst that I felt was bitter having to sit through a million soccer games when my brother only had to go to one dance recital a year.

Never the less, I feel like K. gets the shaft A LOT.

  • He has mostly all hand me down toys.  The fist thing he walked with was her old pink shopping cart. 
  • He rides in A.'s old car seat, it's pink and brown.  
  • His towel has "A." embroidered on it.  
  • I have not even started his baby book (granted A. is only 9 months in hers).  
  • A. never watched TV until she was at least 14 months, K. eats breakfast with A. in front of Dora every morning.  
  • He has to tag along to each and every event that is hers.  The worst part is that during A.'s swimming lesson, there is a mommy & me class where K. is not enrolled.  Sadly, he toddles around and watches as she swims happily. 


Poor guy knocking at the door of swimming lessons
K., I love you more than you could know.  Your day will come where A. has to follow in your shadows for awhile.  Until then, thanks for being so calm and cool as you tag along!

No comments:

Post a Comment