Sunday, April 1, 2012

april fools day

my favorite joke is the interrupting cow joke.  Just in case you don't know it
Knock Knock
Who's there
The interrupting cow
The interrupting cow ...
( interrupt with) mooooo

I"m even laughing as I type.

I understand how ridiculous this is, but now you know why April fools day with a preschooler would be right up my alley.

A. called her daddy first thing in the morning (B. was already at work) to start off with her "trick".  "Daddy is it dark at work?"  "uummm no", he said.  "Oh, its night time here.  April Fools!!"  I laughed, he was confused.

A. called Oma and Papa.  "Oma, there is a dinosaur in my house, RROOOAAARRR! April Fools!"  Again, I laughed pretty hard as they pretended to chuckle.

I let A. put food coloring in all of our oatmeal.  She and I laughed the entire time we were putting it together.  I even chuckled the rest of the day as the blue and green remnants were still on their faces.



"Mommy, I painted my face just like K."  --- hhhmmm I didn't really laugh at that


A. made paper ears with her friend R. in the church nursery so that when her parents came down they could say that they grew red ears.  I couldn't wait for them to get there.  As the girls moved onto something else, I kept replacing the ears.  Lets face it, I probably would have worn the ears but, well, that's just silly.

We had breakfast for dinner followed by "bacon and eggs"  A. probably said April Fools" a good 10 times. I thought it another 5 times.

3 pretzel sticks, white chocolate and a yellow m&m to take to school tomorrow


 Finally, A. left this beauty after she had been playing quietly by herself for awhile.

That's not so much "April fools" but more of a "this is our life"

Happy April Fools Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment