Friday, June 10, 2011

questions and jokes

Someone told me that the average 3 year old asks about 300 questions a day.  Well, my child is definitely above average.  B counted this morning as she stumbled into the bathroom as he was getting ready at 5:45 am.  She asked him 38 questions in 17 minutes.  If my math is correct, that gives her 1609 questions in the 12 hours that she is awake.  I do believe that she often meets this quota.  Here are some of my favorites from today.
1) She walks into my room to "pick me up" and take me home.  She does this several times a day to pretend she is the mommy and I am A. getting picked up from daycare. 
A: "Are you ready to go Mommy?" 
Me: "Yep, where are we going to go?""
A: Home.  Mommy, do we live in Africa America?"
Me:  "uummm, nope but it is as hot as Africa outside."
A:  "What?  Lets go to Africa America"

2) We went to costco to get some things for this weekend's party for K's baptism.  We got our typical hot dogs for lunch afterwards.  A rather obese person sits at the table next to us
A:  "Mommy, is she going to exercise after she eats her hot dog and pizza."
Me as I'm spitting out my food while simultaneously hiding my face:  "I don't know what she is going to do."
A:  "Maybe she wants to go running with daddy."

3)  A:  "Mommy, listen.. abbreviated pause... George Washingmachine.  Isn't that funny."
Me:  "Yeah, baby, that's funny."
A:  "Why aren't you laughing?"
Me:  forced laughter
A:  "That's better"

So, since she was making her own jokes, I tried to teach her a knock knock joke.  This comes for 2 reasons.  1) I am the only 30 year old that legitimately thinks that knock knock jokes are really funny.  I laugh outloud and sometimes cry when someone tells me one.  2)  My grandfather is coming into town this weekend and he used to tell this joke everytime that he saw me. 
Knock Knock,
Who's there
Amos
Amos who?
A mosquito that just bit you (as you pinch the person)

A. and I have been practicing all day.  So far, she is really struggling with her timing.  She'll say the first 2 lines together or forget to pinch or completely change it to Amos McGee, a character in one of her favorite books.  So, we'll see if we can actually make this question turn into something useful.  Until then, I'll just keep answering why, why, why over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment