Thursday, June 16, 2011

baptism

On Sunday, K and baby SL were baptised together at our Church.    
 We had about 40 people between the 2 families to watch these to awesome little guys.

Here is K wearing his outfit that B wore for his first Easter in 1981. B wore it at age 6 weeks, we squeezed K into it at 14 weeks. He was a little frilly, and a little squished b/c he is a HUGE boy, but I loved it!


Pastor Rebecca did a great job of telling their birth story and honoring Brian and B.'s mom too.  Of course, I say that, but I kind of missed that part b/c A was nose to nose with me asking, "Do I have to get my hair wet? I don't want to get my hair wet!"  I guess it kept me from getting teary, so I had that going for me!

The baptism did resonate with A though.  Since Sunday, during each bath she has played "baptism".  I have to call her Pastor Rebecca and then she says, "who do you give this child?"  I make up some name and then she puts water on the baby's head 3 times for the "father, son, and ghost"  Then she sings the baptism song that our church does and that I sing to both my kids all the time.  So cute!
Congratulations K. and baby SL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment