Monday, September 8, 2014

a doll girl

There are so many ways that A. acts older than her age.  There are so many times that I have higher expectations of her than I should.  But, when it comes to dolls, she is a little girl.  Maybe it is that she can be a little mommy and the doll won't talk back.  I don't know the reason, but I know that I love it.  

After Christmas, we read Kirsten and Felicity American Girl books.  They were the 2 dolls that I had when I was a kid.  After we finished the books, She got to have my dolls.  She loved those 2 so much and much to my chagrin, played with them until their hair was in knots and their accessories were unorganized.  Oh the shame!  We decided that we would read the other books and then when we went to NY on her birthday trip, she could pick out her own doll.  Nice intentions, but, do you know how many historical dolls that there are now?  We made it through 1 more set of books and that is it.  

She picked Rebecca, the doll from 1914 that is from NY city.


When I called to schedule our reservations, the operator asked me if I was scheduling for a child's birthday or an adult birthday.  Seriously?  I love some American Girl, but, I repeat, seriously?  They also assured me that there was plenty of doll seating.  



Finally, the cake.  Unfortunately, the expectation of cake took over most of A.'s meal.  But, I think the anticipation was worth it!




That is one happy girl leaving with her new doll.  And, one happy momma to be able to finally get my dolls straight again.  Maybe birthday parties for adults isn't so strange after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment