Saturday, October 4, 2014

sometimes I feel like a champ, sometimes I don't

It was raining last night.  This morning, I woke up and just knew that we would have a morning off of soccer and field hockey.  I let the kids lounge in bed.  We make home made granola and watched Monsters Inc.  It was 8:45 and I realized that the soccer coach never sent out a message.  Hhmmm, maybe it wasn't cancelled after all.  A quick text to one of the other moms... nope.  Soccer game is about to begin.  Well, we won't make that but that means we need to get into gear to make it to field hockey.  Everyone starts moving around and A. is screaming, "where is my uniform."  I search through every single drawer and laundry basket.  Oh great, it's in the washing machine where it has been for over 24 hours.  It's wet and it smells like mildew.  Lovely.  Quick hand wash and I toss it into the dryer.  We now have 15 minutes until we need to be in the car.  K. is running around looking for his forever missing shoe.  A., thankfully the helper, is filling up water bottles.  1 minute to go and I give up on the shoe and put him in his old broken shoes.  I pull the clothes out of the dryer.  Well, damp uniform it is.  

We all run to the car and see this...

Yep, 15 miles until empty.  The game is about 14.9 miles away.  Today, I am not a champion.


No comments:

Post a Comment