Wednesday, September 3, 2014

is it time yet?

A:  I've said it before, and I will say it again, "you are awesome. But, SLOW DOWN!"  This girl is always ready for the next thing.  On our first day in NY, A. was so excited.  She was either over stimulated or over excited.  I think a little of both.  She could not concentrate on what was actually happening, only what was coming next.  I don't think she even realized that the buildings were tall until the second day.  She had no idea that the doors when around until day 2.  
once she figure it out, she had to go around at least 2 times!

I mean, you are staring at a gian Ferris wheel inside of a building.  Enjoy the stinking moment!!  I was annoyed, Aunt. Stacy was annoyed, but A.  really wanted to know what time that we were going to Cinderella.  

 Then, we got into the beautiful theatre, and she asked me what was for dinner.  Oh. My. Gosh.  Just be content.  It was at that point that I almost went into a lecture of, "do you know how lucky you are to be here?  Can't you just enjoy the moment?"  Then, I again realized that this little person will eventually learn to cultivate that bit of discontentment and it will serve her well.  After all, if she is always happy with the way things are, how will she want to set new goals.  So, ok,  I took a deep breath and told her what was for dinner.  She calmed down and LOVED her first broadway experience.  Now, in addition to a farmer, pizza maker, paddle boarder, horseback rider, and field hockey player, she is also going to be a broadway star.
Go big with the goals or go home!



No comments:

Post a Comment