Wednesday, January 16, 2013

so the cooking is different

Our old house had gas heat, and an oven.  We had a microwave on our counter that we purchased for my first home in 2001.  Now we have propane and a shiny new microwave.  On new year's day, we set off the smoke alarm because we burned the hell out of the bacon.  On Tuesday, I put chicken in the crock pot and then was going to cook some rice. I put it in the rice cooker and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes (same time as the old house)  At minute 8 I was watching it in the microwave, waiting patiently.  I was what I thought was steam and said, "Man, I didn't realize how much steam would come out there must be a lot more water in there."  3 seconds later I heard a POP and watched as the pot disintegrated onto the microwave.
It smelled horribly.  I gagged and B. came in from the garage and said we needed to take it out immediately. His answer, put it in a garbage bag.  Despite the, "B it's going to melt right through"  He thought it was a good idea.  It did just as I was thinking and started to come right through the bottom.  He rushed it out to the garage and doused it with water.  We ate mediocre chicken and green beans and left a window open for 3 days to try and air out the new house.


No comments:

Post a Comment