Thursday, September 20, 2012

bro and sissy

This is the time that B. and I have been waiting for since K. was born.  Though I miss my sweet little baby, he is coming into his own with his own little personality.  The best thing, he and A. are beginning to have their own relationship.  He wakes up yelling "Ahhhh Baaaaa" and she answers with, "yes, sweetie."  She gives him a kiss before she leaves for school.  And, the best thing, they are starting to play together.  This play may only last a few minutes, and it may only be on A.'s terms but it happens.

On, Monday night when we all converged after work/ school etc it was the the time of day we all lovingly refer to as the witching hour.  The kids were hungry and we were trying to get in from work, change clothes, unpack lunches, and make dinner.  It's usually a time where one of us cooks and the other chases kids.  Though I hate myself for it, I usually hear a "A. I'm feeling frustrated."  and more then a few "K. no."  coming out of my I'm such a cliche mom mouth.  But, this particular night, B. and I both were in the kitchen and A. and K. were occupied.  Together.

Instead of "I can't pick you up over this hot stove" coming from my mouth for the millionth time.  I heard, "Good coloring, K."  I heard the words coming out of A.'s mouth reminding me of how I should be talking to my children.  "Come sit with me."  and my favorites, "I love you!!"  and "AAhhh Baaa."

Then I heard, "bro, sit with sissy."  B and I looked at each other and a mutual thought crossed our minds... "bro? sissy? really?  Is that necessary?"  I guess my child has determined that names are too long.  Maybe their new found closeness requires pet names for each other? I don't know but, since I hate the nick name sissy, it will probably be the word that K. starts to say clearly.
Bro and Sissy coloring nicely together

bro as he decided coloring on sissy is more fun

Bro and sissy from A's perspective.  Her interpretation, "I'm drawing Bro when he gets ready to bite me."  Its a true love hate relationship


No comments:

Post a Comment