Tuesday, May 15, 2012

no more training wheels

A. was determined after watching Caillou ride his bike with no more training wheels.  Keep in mind, she was only 3 and 2/3 (something she tells us on a daily basis), but she was determined.




Determined, for 15 minutes while we walked to pick up K. from his babysitters house.  Then, as she audibly screamed every time my thumb moved a quarter inch b/c it's hard to run in a crouched position and hold onto a bike, she screamed.  She was tired of having mom and dad hold on to her and she was too scared to fall.  So scared, in fact, that she would immediately put her feet down causing her to lose balance.  This is the girl that puts 3 band aids on the smallest of scrapes and will scream bloody murder for a splinter.  Her past memories pretty much all revolve around boo boos.  "Remember that time I walked on the deck and got a splinter in my foot."  "Remember when I was running and fell on my knees."  So, we put the the wheels back on the bike.  Maybe now that she is 3 and 3/4 she'll try again.  hehe

Here are a few of K. and brother from another mother playing outside while we were trying the bike.
K. loves his Aunt E.

"Eyes"  That's right, smart guy!

And, how A. spends the majority of her time. Trying to mother the little ones and only sometimes being successful.
"You guys are getting too far away.  Come back!"

"Hold my hand"  

"Forget K. he won't stay with me.  I'll take this guy instead."

For some reason, I think K. being in the background/ shadows of these 2 is a prediction of his future.  hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment