Friday, May 11, 2012

getting out

I am a person that loves nap time.  I have had my 2 kiddos on the same nap schedule since well, for K.s entire life.  I can count the times on 1 hand where they weren't down together for at least 1 hour. I need that 1 hour of down time in the day.  However, my 2 little ones have decided that since I'm comfortable with their schedule, it is time to change it.  A. is still going upstairs but only sleeping about 50% of the time.  If she does sleep, its after she plays upstairs for at least an hour.  K. is in that phase where 2 naps is too much but 1 nap isn't enough.  The down side, our day isn't as predictable and I often end up with 2 grumpy kids by the end of the day.  The upside, we can get out more in the morning and we aren't stuck in the 2 nap trap.

On this particular morning, we went to B.'s alma mater for their family day.  It was kind of cool outside, but we all loved it!

Of course, K. finds the balls


Brother from another mother loving the bubbles.  He is talking up a storm.  He was saying "pop" and "bubble"

K.s second favorite thing, crayons

"turtling" in the fountain.  B. was reliving his college days and telling us the time he swam up this fountain at 4:00 am.  A. wanted to jump in and swim.  Probably not the best story to tell at that moment in time.  

ROTC in her future?  

K.s 3rd favorite thing in life.  Balloons.  Could his day get any better?

This next sequence is my favorite.  It was about 1:00, the boys had eaten lunch and were ready for naps.  Of course, we decided it was the perfect time for pictures in their matching shirts.  They didn't agree!!!
I guess I'll sit here Aunt S.

K- "No way am I staying here"

B- "I agree"

K.- "Lets just go"

K. "I'm on my way."
B.- "You are squishing me"

"Much better now that I'm free."

"Maybe my crib is over here."

"I'll just dive over here."

Our last attempt.  Definitely not happening 

At least I'm smiling
Maybe we still better plan around naps...  For now

No comments:

Post a Comment