Wednesday, March 14, 2012

we did vegas

I love my children but I loved my husband first.  Right now, the love/ hate relationship that I have with B.'s career is in a loving phase.  I love that we got to go on not 1 but 2 awesome vacations because of the hard work that he does and the people that want him to do that hard work with their products.

B was gone for 11 days, 4 to Palm Springs and 7 to Vegas.  I joined him for the last 3 in Vegas.  We hit the ground running and didn't stop until we got on the flight home for K.'s birthday party the next day. In those 3 days we
1. went to a reception for our region immediately after I had worked half a day then flew 6 hours.   ( 4 people from our high school were there.  Who would have thought that OHS breeds grass growers?)
2. went to dinner at Lavo following said reception.  B. would not tell me what time it was during the entire trip but I'm pretty sure that this homebody was up at least 24 hours.
3. won some money to fund the rest of our trip.  Well, B. won money, I stood at the Craps table very confused and excited when we were winning money and sad when we lost $125.  I'm told we ended up ahead by $400.  I have no idea when that happened but I'll take it!
4. had an AMAZING pedicure at the Aria spa.
4. went to Hoover Dam.  Huge bridge, huge dam, gross dam food and a nice dam walk.
It's a cheese and veggie sandwich.  Can't you tell?


 5. Dinner at the Stratosphere
6. A long search for breakfast.  I guess that no one wants to eat breakfast in a town that never sleeps.  No one except the people that are used to getting up at 5:30 so sleeping in is 7:15.  The hunt led us to a delicious buffet for $22.



7. A walk around Vegas to see the amazing hotels right next to the cards with women's hoo has hanging out.  



8. a date to see Vegas, The Show- a fantastic variety show in a not so nice theatre.  It was actually inside of a mall.  So, do all Vegas show girls have other jobs?  How about the tap dancing twins.  I know that they can't make that much money performing next door to Forever 21.
9. Finally, Hanging out with some of our favorite people at Tao, the night club with 32 bachlorettes as well as their friends and in some cases their mothers/ old aunt Kathys.  

 What an awesome, jam packed, kid free 3 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment